Board and Advisors
Leslie Apoliona, North Kona Land Asset Manager for the Kamehameha Schools Land Asset Division.
Andrea Dean, Organizer, planner and facilitator.
Craig Elevitch, International author/editor, agroforestry educator and workshop organizer/presenter.
Barbara Gerrits, Manager, Holuakoa Gardens and Cafe, slow food restaurant.
Auntie Shirley Kauhaihao, cultural practitioner and farmer (native, food, and craft plants), active in many community organizations.
G. Pedro Tama, Editor, publisher and community networker.
Project advisors have extensive experience in sustainable local food in Hawai‘i and represent a broad range of locations and interests. They play an advisory role, supporting project activities with periodic consultation and feedback.
- Bruce Mathews, professor of Soil Science, UH Hilo
- Deborah Ward, retired UH CTAHR extension agent and farmer, Kea‘au
- Geoff Rauch, director of Know Your Farmer Alliance and farmer, Kapoho
- Hector Valenzuela, vegetable crops extension specialist, UH Manoa
- Jerry Konanui, mahi 'ai and educator, Pahoa
- Joe Kassel, naturopathic physician and farmer, Holualoa
- Ken Love,tropical fruit horticulture and marketing specialist, Captain Cook
- Lyn Howe, director of Know Your Farmer Alliance and farmer, Kapoho
- Mary Lynn Garner, Konawaena High School teacher and farmer, Kealakekua
- Nancy Miller, marketing specialist and manager of Keauhou Farmers’ Market
- Roen & Ken Hufford, Honopua Farm, managers, Hawaiian Homestead Farmers Market, Waimea
- Ted Radovich, crop specialist, Sustainable Farming Systems Laboratory, UH Manoa
Hawai'i Homegrown Food Network is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.